Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- Graduates shall become a successful professional in government sectors, power, energy and multi-disciplinary industries either as an employee or an entrepreneur.
- Graduates shall become effective researchers and academicians, leading or participating in efforts to address social, technical and business challenges in an ethical manner.
- Graduates shall be engaged in life-long learning and professional development through self – study, continuing education in engineering, technology and management.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- Provide a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals which is required to solve electrical and electronics engineering problems.
- Specify, design, architect and analyze and the systems that efficiently generate, transmit, distribute, convert and utilize electric power.
- Understand, design, simulate and analyze the electrical machines, modern electrical drives and lighting systems, energy systems and automation of systems and to determine their performance through testing.
- Specify, design, implement, analyze and test the analog and digital systems using the state of art components, software tools, and ICT.
M.Tech- Renewable Energy Technologies - Full time 2 years
From 2011 onwards
M.Tech in Renewable Energy Technologies is a two years full time programme. This programme aims to provide a specialized education in important renewable energy technologies, covering key fundamental principles along with modem applications and current practices. The students of M.Tech (RET) will be able to
- Design PV, Wind and Hybrid energy systems.
- Apply computational intelligent techniques for renewable energy forecasting and estimation.
- Analyze the Grid Integration of Renewable energy
B.E/B Tech in EEE/ ECE/ EIE/ I&C/ Mechanical/ Chemical/ Automobile/ Manufacturing/Production / Industrial/ Energy Engineering or Equivalent.
M.Tech- Power Electronics and Drives - Full time 2 years
M.Tech. in Power Electronics and Drives is a two years full time programme under the EEE Program, Department of Electrical Sciences, Karunya University was started in the year 2002. This PG programme aims to provide specialized education in Modern Power Converters, Advanced Electrical Drives and control techniques, covering the key fundamental principles along with the current practices.
The PG Students of M.Tech. (PE&D) will be able to
- Design, model and simulate power converters based systems used for electrical energy conversion.
- Implement the controllers using DSP and advanced processors.
- Analyze the Grid Integration of Renewable energDevelop and test power electronics converters and drives in the laboratory y
Electrical and Electronics Engineering programme offers both full time and part time Ph.D programmes in all major areas of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Ph.D Research activities are carried out in the thrust areas of Renewable Energy Technologies, Power Electronics and Drives, Automotive Electronics, Power Quality Enhancement, Power System Operation & Control, Bio Signal Processing, Advanced Motion Control.
The programme has eminent faculty to guide the research scholars and has excellent research
facilities for conducting research.
The faculty regularly publishes their research work in peer reviewed international journal and conferences. The Department frequently conducts national level and international level conferences/seminars to enhance academic and research interaction among researchers.
1. Ph.D SCHOLARS
|Sl. No||Name of the Ph.D Scholar||Name of the Supervisor||Year of Registration|
|1||Pradip C||Dr. M. Lydia||2017|
|2||Saju N||Dr. V. Jegathesan||2017|
|3||Hepzibah Jose Queen||Dr. J. Jayakumar||.2017|
|4||Mr. ASISH JOHN MATHEW||Dr. M.S.P. Subathra||2016|
|5||Mr. C MAHESH||Dr. F.T. Josh||2016|
|6||Ms. TOMINA THOMAS||Dr. Prawin Angel Michael||2017|
|7||Mr. ARUN ELDHO ALIAS||Dr. F.T. Josh||2017|
|8||Ms. CHINJU SAJU||Dr. M. Lydia||2017|
|9||Ms. INDU K SIMON||Dr. M.S.P. Subathra||2017|
|10||Mr. KUMARA SWAMY RANGU||Dr. A. Albert Rajan||2017|
|11||Mr. DILEEPAN V M||Dr. J. Jayakumar||2015|
|12||Ms. A DARCY GNANA JEGHA||Dr. M.S.P. Subathra||2015|
|13||Ms. KAVYA VENUGOPALAN||Dr. V. Jegathesan||2016|
|14||Mr. MOHAMED YOUSUF S||Dr. J. Jayakumar||2016|
|15||Ms. ANURESHMA M||Dr. A. Albert Rajan||2016|
|16||Mr. ARUL WILSON J||Dr. F.T. Josh||2015|
|17||Mr. NAGABUSHANAM P||Dr. S. Thomas George||2015|
|18||Ms. REVATHI J||Dr. J. Anitha||2015|
|19||Mr. BENUEL SATHISH RAJ||Dr. V. Jegathesan||2013|
|20||Mr. AJAYAN S.||Dr. A. Immanuel Selvakumar||2013|
|21||Ms. MEENAL R.||Dr. A. Immanuel Selvakumar||2013|
|22||Mr. SHANKAR A||Dr.Prawin Angel Michael||2013|
|23||Mr. DURGA PRASAD GARAPATI||Dr. V. Jegathesan||2012|
|24||Mr. SATHEESH KUMAR S.||Dr. A. Immanuel Selvakumar||2012|
|25||Ms. ANITHA ANGELINE A.||Dr. J. Jayakumar||2012|
|26||Mr. JIMRY H.||Dr. A. Sanjeevi Gandhi||2013|
|27||Mr. SELVARAJ K||Dr. J. Jayakumar||2011|
|28||Mr. J E MOSHE DAYAN||Dr. A. Immanuel Selvakumar||2010|
|29||Ms. JEBARANI EVANGELINE S||Dr. S. Suresh Kumar||2009|
|30||Mr. C. BENIN PRATAP||Dr. A. Immanuel Selvakumar||2010|
2. PH.D AWARDED
|Sl.No.||Name of Scholar||Name of Supervisor|
|1||LYDIA. M||Dr. S. SURESH KUMAR|
|2||PAUL SATHIYAN. S||Dr. S. SURESH KUMAR / Dr. A. IMMANUEL SELVAKUMAR|
|3||VINOTH KUMAR. K||Dr. S. SURESH KUMAR / Dr. A. IMMANUEL SELVAKUMAR|
|4||SELVARAJ. K||Dr. J. JAYAKUMAR|
|5||K.C. RAMYA||Dr.V. JEGATHESAN|
|6||BERCLIN JEYAPRABHA. S||Dr. A. IMMANUEL SELVAKUMAR|
|7||JAGANNATH D.J||Dr. A. IMMANUEL SELVAKUMAR|